Dear Church Family,
During these troubled times, we want to serve you in as many ways as possible.
We are still available by email at email@example.com or by phone at 623.974.3605.
Our Deacons regularly reach out to those in their parishes. If you do not yet have a Deacon assigned to you, call or email the church office to ask for one.
The text of my update emails to congregants and stories from our parishioners can be read on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/firstpressuncity/ ).
Starting January 10, 2021, we are returning to pre-recorded worship services which will be available at 9:00 am every Sunday. To watch the services, visit our YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/user/firstpressuncity. We will also make a link to each week’s video available on our Facebook page, http://facebook.com/firstpressuncity/.
We also offer live video chat on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am, during what would have been our Coffee Hour. You can join us on your computer or smartphone through Zoom; email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will send you an invitation to set up Zoom and join us by videoconference to discuss the morning’s service and anything else that is on your mind.
Some small groups are still meeting on campus, with masks, social distancing, and post-meeting cleaning.
And, as always, our Prayer Partners team and Stephen Ministers are available to pray for and with you over any concerns you may have. Call or email me or the church office if you are in need of one of these ministries.
Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.
Once we resume worshipping in person on Sunday morning, here is the information you need to know:
- Please do not come if you are not feeling well.
- We will take your temperature with a no-contact digital thermometer before you enter the courtyard.
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose will be required.
- The chairs in Swain Hall will be placed 6 feet apart for proper social distancing. Couples may sit together.
- Offering plates will be placed near the exits rather than passed around.
- Bulletins will be placed on the chairs before the service starts. Each one will contain a “ritual of friendship” insert. Please fill out the insert ONLY if you are new to the church or have a prayer or contact request. Clean pencils and baskets for the completed inserts have also been placed near the exits. If you use one of the pencils, it should be placed in the “Used” jar rather than back in the “Clean” jar.
- On Communion Sundays (the first Sunday of every month), don’t forget to bring your own elements (bread or cracker and juice).
- We will not hold an in-person “Coffee Hour” for at least the first month after we resume worshiping together at the church.
Please continue to pray for wisdom for our elders and deacons and staff as we seek to lead this church through this difficult time in ways that honor God, that strengthen our faith, and that care for each person.
I pray that you will know Christ’s closeness to you,
Growing in the Spirit, Committed to Service, Sharing the Love
First Presbyterian Church of Sun City is a warm, welcoming congregation affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA), the Synod of the Southwest, and the Presbytery of Grand Canyon. We are also a Stephen Ministry church. We celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2013. Our services are quite traditional, but our unofficial dress code is “Sun City casual.”
Currently worship starts online at 9:00 am, with virtual communion on the first Sunday of each month. Online “Coffee Hour” chat follows.
We are located just north of the intersection of 103rd Avenue and Alabama Avenue in Sun City, about 1/2 mile south of Grand Avenue.
Prayer, Bible study, men’s and women’s groups, Christian ed, a vibrant music program, and frequent fellowship events sustain us.
Our Sanctuary, chapel, and social hall have hearing loops, and assisted hearing devices are available. All bulletins use large print.