Dear Church Family,
During these troubled times, we want to serve you in as many ways as possible.
Although our church campus is temporarily closed to the public, we are still available by email at email@example.com or by phone at 623.974.3605.
Our Deacons are reaching out to the individuals in their parishes on a regular basis. If you are not yet an official member of our church and do not have a Deacon assigned to you, call or email the church office to ask for a contact on the Board of Deacons.
The text of my update emails to congregants and stories from our parishioners can also be read on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/firstpressuncity/ ).
Though we cannot meet together physically, you can access our worship service videos starting at 9:00 am every Sunday:
- Here at the church’s website (see our “Service Videos” page)
- On the church’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/firstpressuncity/ )
- At the church’s YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/user/firstpressuncity)
The videos will remain online for those who are unable to join us at the scheduled worship time.
We are also offering live video chat on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am, during what would have been our Coffee Hour. You can join us on your computer or smartphone through Zoom. If you are interested, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will send you an invitation that will enable you to set up a Zoom account and join us by videoconference for a discussion of the morning’s service and anything else that is on your mind.
And, as always, our Prayer Partners team and Stephen Ministers are available to pray for and with you over any concerns you may have. Call or email me or the church office if you are in need of one of these ministries.
Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.
Here is the information on when and how we can begin to meet together again at the church building:
- Because each of you is valuable to our church family, because we do not want to endanger anyone’s health, and because the infection rate is still rising in our state, we will not meet together for worship on campus at least through the end of June. Meanwhile, we will continue to provide worship services online.
- We have received a government stimulus check to enable us to pay salaries and pay for needed maintenance matters.
- Norma has set up an online giving option for those who would like to give tithes and offerings that way. It is available under the “Giving” tab on the navigation menu above.
- Beth is investigating what is needed to provide online streaming of worship services when we begin “regular” services again, so that those who cannot come to the church building can continue to worship with us.
- When we begin to worship together in person, we will need to follow essential safety precautions, including worshiping in Swain Hall (so we can project words on the screen rather than passing out paper bulletins), safe spacing of chairs, careful sanitizing, offering plates set by the door rather than passed around, and the required wearing of masks.
- We will not hold “Coffee Hour” for at least the first month after we begin worshiping together at the church.
- We anticipate that we will also take everyone’s temperature before they enter.
- The Memorial Day Cookout is canceled, and the 90+ Luncheon is postponed until at least August.
- We will check with our insurance company about when and how other groups can begin to meet in our facilities.
Please continue to pray for wisdom for our elders and deacons and staff as we seek to lead this church through this difficult time in ways that honor God, that strengthen our faith, and that care for each person.
I pray that you will know Christ’s closeness to you,
Growing in the Spirit, Committed to Service, Sharing the Love
First Presbyterian Church of Sun City is a warm, welcoming congregation affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA), the Synod of the Southwest, and the Presbytery of Grand Canyon. We are also a Stephen Ministry church. We celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2013. Our services are quite traditional, but our unofficial dress code is “Sun City casual.”
In summer, worship is Sunday at 9:00 am in our social hall, with open communion on the first Sunday of each month. Coffee and cookies follow.
We are located just north of the intersection of 103rd Avenue and Alabama Avenue in Sun City, about 1/2 mile south of Grand Avenue.
Prayer, Bible study, men’s and women’s groups, Christian ed, a vibrant music program, and frequent fellowship events sustain us.
Our Sanctuary, chapel, and social hall have hearing loops. Assisted hearing devices are available; just ask an usher! All bulletins feature large print.